We are so glad you are a part of The Howard School community and The Howard School Parents Association whose mission is to strengthen the Howard School community among students, faculty, and parents.
Through the Parents Association, parents contribute their time and talents to volunteer opportunities and provide monetary support for events which positively impact the culture of The Howard School. It is vitally important to us that your family and your child feel connected and supported here!
We invite you to volunteer, join other parents at Parents Association meetings, and get involved!
Some of the ways you can connect with Howard include:
- Volunteer at events
- Become a Mystery Reader
- Host a Community Event
- P.A. Chairs and Leadership
For more information about how to be more involved, please contact Kerey Toms or Kathy Sponsler at email@example.com.
Thank you for generously supporting The Howard School. It's going to be a great school year!
Deanna Anderson & Ericka Smith
Rhonda Fox & Julie Silber
Back to School Community Social
Laura Lee Glass
Fall Community Social
Fall Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
Grandparents & Special Friends Day
Teacher Appreciation Week
End of Year Faculty Luncheon
High School Family Social
Shelly Deriso & Tina Weede
There are many ways the Parent Association is involved in school life:
1. Communications: Our Room Representatives and Division Liaisons work with teachers to promote effective dialogue between parents and The Howard School faculty and staff.
2. Community Life: We host and financially support various events around campus, such as:
teacher appreciation luncheons
new student welcome boxes
student and staff t-shirts
middle school reflections
middle school dances
middle school poetry slam
high school dances
high school showcase
3. Fundraising: The Parent Association raises funds to support classroom and school events, teacher and faculty appreciation efforts, and various other needs of the school and its community including the principals' fund, parent-classroom visits, and grounds/landscaping, among others. We also work with the Advancement office to make the The Howard School Annual Fund a success each year.
- Student-Parent Handbook
- From the School Nurse
- Parent Resources for LD and ADHD
- Check Request & Reimbursement
Julie Teachout, RN
Q: What does the Parents Association do?
A: The role of the Parents Association is three-fold:
- Communications: The Room Representatives and Division Liaisons work with teachers to promote effective dialogue between parents and The Howard School faculty and staff.
- Community Life: We host and financially support various events on campus, such as the Fall and Spring Community events, teacher appreciation luncheons, new student welcome boxes, the Middle School Dance, the High School Prom, and High School graduation gifts and signs.
- Fundraising: The Parents Association raises funds to support classroom and school events, teacher and faculty appreciation efforts, and various other needs of the school and its community including the principal' fund, parent-classroom visits, and grounds/landscaping, among others. We also work with the Advancement Office to make The Howard School Annual Fund a success each year.
Q: How do I become a member of The Howard School Parents Association?
A: All parents and guardians of Howard students are automatically members of the Parents Association. There is no need to sign up or pay dues. We simply invite you to attend a meeting or get involved.
Q: Do tuition payments made to The Howard School qualify as "medical expenses" for income tax purposes?
A: The answer is best left to your tax advisor who can assess the matter based on your child's particular circumstances.
Q: Who should I contact with questions?
A: Please email your general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach Co-Presidents Kerey Toms and Kathy Sponsler, or you may email Sarah Murphy at email@example.com
Parents Association Executive Committee Members
Co-Presidents: Kerey Toms & Kathy Sponsler
VP: Deanna Anderson
Treasurer: Katie McAvoy
Secretary: Kathryn Marous
Howard School Parents Association Liaison: Sarah Murphy, Executive Assistant to the Head of School
Advancement Office Liaison: Nancy Davis, Director of Advancement
2019-2020 Meeting Dates
**All meetings from 8:30-9:30am in the Blackbox unless otherwise noted**
Tuesday, Aug. 27 (this meeting for committee chairs, room reps, and grade reps only)
Tuesday, Sept. 10
Tuesday, Nov. 12
Tuesday, Jan. 28
Tuesday, March 24
Tuesday, April 28 (Volunteer Appreciation Celebration 8:30-10:30am-location TBD)
Click here to arrange your child's meals through Atlanta Lunch Co.
No More Clipping! The Howard School is moving to digital Box Tops!
Support Our School