Georgia Private School Tax Program
Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program – Submit your 2023 GOAL Tax Credit Application today! The GOAL Program is a remarkable and important opportunity provided to Georgians by our elected officials. In exchange for contributions to Georgia GOAL, our partner Student Scholarship Organization, taxpayers receive a 100% state income tax credit! This is a proven opportunity that is a win-win-win for taxpayer donors, scholarship recipients, and our school community.
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply- Complete the 2023 GOAL Tax Credit Application today at goalscholarship.org (takes just 20 seconds!).
- GOAL Submits to DOR- GOAL submits your 2023 application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) immediately, and your 2023 application on the first business day of January 2023.
- Approved to Contribute- GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline.
- Make Payment- Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval.
- Take the Credit- GOAL will send you Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit on the income tax return for the year in which you make the payment).
Thank you for supporting The Howard School!
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
Tax Filing Status
- Single Filer - $2,500
- Married Separate Filer - $2,500
- Married Joint Filer - $5,000
- Pass-Through Owner (not making HB 149 election) - $25,000
- C Corp, Trust, or Pass-Through electing to pay tax at the entity level (HB 149) - 75% of annual tax liability
- New for 2023: Business that pays insurance premium tax - 75% of annual tax liability, but credit shall not exceed $1 million
The application takes TWO minutes for first-time applicants and 30 seconds for repeat participants!