Georgia Tax Credit
The Georgia Education Expense Credit Program is a win-win-win for taxpayer participants, scholarship recipients, and The Howard School community. Children attending independent schools, like The Howard School, benefit from your participation.
Redirected Georgia income taxes are used to support students with need-based financial aid arriving from public schools for our teaching expertise.
In exchange for contributions to Georgia GOAL, our partner Student Scholarship Organization, you receive a 100%—or 1:1—state income tax credits! This program costs you nothing.
By simply participating in Georgia GOAL, you will help maximize this source of financial aid for deserving families needing to receive a Howard School education for their child.
Thank you for making this our school's best year yet in raising GOAL funds!
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household - up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return - up to $2,500
- Married couple filing separate returns - up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner - up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust - up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply Now - takes 2 minutes for first-time applicants and 30 seconds for repeat participants
Complete the 2020 GOAL Tax Credit Application today by clicking here.
Complete the 2021 GOAL Tax Credit Application today by clicking here.
- GOAL Submits to DOR
Your application(s) to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) will be submitted by GOAL.
- Approved to Contribute
GOAL and DOR notify you of the approved tax credit amount for the given application year.
- Make Payment
Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval.
- Take the Credit
Once completed, GOAL will provide a tax receipt, Form IT-QEE-SSO1. Your credit, per each taxable year in which you participate, are claimed on your State of Georgia income tax return.
Thank you for your support of The Howard School!