Something Happened in Our Town Parent Author Visit
- Something Happened in Our Town Parent Author Visit
- 3/10/2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
We are thrilled to offer a virtual learning event for parents, and one for some of our lower school students. We will be welcoming Dr. Marietta Collins and Dr. Ann Hazzard in March to discuss their book, Something Happened in Our Town. This award-winning children’s book introduces children to race and racism.
Parent-Only Event (Parents of Lower School Students)
Wed., Mar. 10, 7:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Why it's important to discuss race and injustice within families and schools
- Using children's books to facilitate helpful conversations
- Putting anti-racism into action as a family
We have partnered with Little Shop of Stories for families who would like to order a copy of the book. Please click here or contact Monica Kinnaman (email@example.com) by Feb. 18, to pre-order the book for $17. Books will be delivered to your child to bring home before Spring Break.